Sunday, December 01, 2013

Oh, It's A Holiday

All in all, I'm not just another brick in the wall, I'm just another dumb dog waiting for someone to care and love and spend time with me and laughing at the analogy and futility of it all. Honesty. Unconditional love. Unconditional trust. Dumb animals do it so much better than humans, so who are the dumb animals, really? Memories sweep me back decades, right now, at this moment, to moments I shared unconditional trust and love. Long ago the single most traumatic emotional moments I've known in this life were happening. There are a few other moments close, for instance when I found myself on the streets of Buffalo, NY in freezing February in a T-Shirt and jeans and $4 in my pocket because I trusted love and another's promise. Even that was not the worst. A tragic memory celebrated each year with extremes of emotion because it proves that love never dies in me.


No comments: